Apache Junction Townhomes is an affordable housing project that operates in accordance with the requirements of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program governed under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code.
What does this mean for you? -An affordable housing option unlike any other rental housing in the area.
Apache Junction Townhomes is not a subsidized housing project.
What is the difference? Our rent rates are not based on a percentage of your income. Our rent rates are a fixed percentage based of the county’s median income.
Because we are a low income housing project there are requirements and restrictions that applicants must meet to qualify for tenancy. There are also rules and regulations that tenants must follow to ensure their tenancy as well.
Pre-qualification requirements and restrictions include but are not limited to:
- Income (including earned, unearned and asset income) restrictions based on household size.
- Household must contain one person who is not a full-time student (there are some stipulations allowing such to be the case.)
- Applicant must pass our full background check including credit, criminal, and rental history checks.
Some notable rules and regulations required of tenants include but are not limited to:
- Security Deposit – a $500.00 security deposit will be required
- Pet Policy – one small pet will be allowed with a $250.00 refundable pet deposit – more details about the Apache Junction Townhomes Animal Policy soon.
- Clean units and garages (inspected every six months)
- Tenants are required to pay electric utilities; phone, TV service, and internet are optional.
- Tenants sign a six month lease which converts to month to month after.
Apache Junction Townhomes is a new community. Our units are clean and well kept, our landscaping is immaculate and weekly maintained. We have on-site management, maintenance, and landscape personnel. We are frequently complimented on the appearance and up keep of our community.
If you are interested in the possibility of tenancy here at Apache Junction Townhomes we invite you to come meet our manager, take a look at our grounds or talk to one of our tenants.
Where to go from here: Check our availability, or try our simple pre-qualification tool.
LEASE TO OWN PROGRAM –
Tenants of Apache Junction Townhomes will have the option to participate in a lease-to-own program. Following a 15 year federal compliance period, tenants will be able to purchase the units where they live. All rents that have been paid will be applied as a dollar for dollar credit towards the purchase of the unit.